Friday, January 19, 2007

Needling




















I am commited to learn to sew. I have spent the last year learning to knit and have been spending countless hours knitting patterns far beyond my ability or means. But. Have. Prevailed. So the question is, what about sewing?

I don't know if I'm alone -- and I don't think I am -- among the general global community of needlers -- that two hands is not enough. Two days of weekending is not enough. Two weeks of vacation a year is not enough. And the two hours before falling exhaused into bed after the little boy's bath and storytime is simply NOT ENOUGH to finish all the projects I wish I could start. There are just too many. SOO my equivalent of a yarn stash is really a larger, more comprehensive PROJECT STASH. It includes magazines of every ilk, yarn, knitting patterns, and now sewing patterns and stichery books. What am I up to? My ears in needle projects, needling me, all day. It's an ok problem to have. Better than needing someone to pay for health insurance if I were to quit my job and just learn to sew.

Did I say I want these outfits? I don't care that I would never have the guts to wear them.

No comments: